-
September 8th, 2006, 08:39 AM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
Hi,
I noticed the specs for the 9812-8A is from 60 Hz to 13 KHz. Does this mean that it is a sound reinforcement speakers? i.e. not suitable for home audio use?
Thanks
-
September 8th, 2006, 04:15 PM
#2
-
September 8th, 2006, 04:15 PM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Appears to be a 2 way box with 90/40 mantaray w/906 large format motor, and 3156 bass driver. I'm not familiar with either driver.
As for the "hi-fi" aspects, in my opinion that's strictly in the ear of the beholder.
In my opinion, it was probably intended for high SPL monitoring, and sound reinforcement, and best suited for that application. Looks like a great drum monitor.
Here's a cut/spec sheet on it:
http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...rs/9812-8a.htm
-
September 8th, 2006, 05:14 PM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Greets!
OK, it appears to be a prosound version of the M500, which with its 1" format driver combo is much better suited for HIFI apps IMO, but some folks prefer the large format driver combos, so as always YMMV. Regardless, both require subs to cover today's ultrawide BW capability, but they can be tuned a bit lower to work well in-room with vinyl only systems.
GM
-
September 8th, 2006, 09:31 PM
#5
HB Forum Owner
The 906 was a re-branded version of the Electro-Voice DH-1A without the snout that EV used to make people think it was a "2-inch throat driver".
Horrible thing. I hated them. But, Jery Hubbard did a good job making them usable in the M500/9812.
-
September 9th, 2006, 03:14 AM
#6
Senior Hostboard Member
Greets!
What is it? Details?
TIA,
GM
-
September 9th, 2006, 09:40 PM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
Thanks guys,
Think i'll give that a miss until something better comes along.
-
September 10th, 2006, 10:43 AM
#8
Inactive Member
Anyone know what horn's in the 9812-8A? To be a 1.4", and contained inside the box, I'm thinking MR94-8, a fairly rare bird, and one I'm curious about.
Didn't check the cab dims, but if it's the same box as an M500, has the same (similar) XO w/switchable EQ, and a decent 3156, it would be easy to swap the 1.4" setup for the 1" (MR994A/909-8A). I/m still real happy with my M500s, though I wouldn't recommend them for small rooms too highly. Never intentionally listened to 906s, so can't say for sure the 1" would be better, but would gamble on it.
-
September 10th, 2006, 01:03 PM
#9
HB Forum Owner
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks